Travel & Tourism
Enjoy the Plattsburgh area
& all that it offers!
Beautiful Lake Champlain is available for fishing and boating, and is the impetus for many festivals and activities including the Mayor’s Cup and several professional bass fishing tournaments. The nearby Adirondack Mountains provide terrific opportunities to hike, climb, mountain bike, and just get out in nature.
Additionally, tourist attractions include National and State parks, museums and art galleries, historical places, festivals and sporting events.
Explore the Plattsburgh area:
Below are informative guides to assist you in your exploration:
- Guide to the Lake City …click here
- Guide de la Ville Sur le Lac
- Plattsburgh historic community map (published by Fasprint)
For more travel and tourism information –
Check out these sites:
- The Adirondack Coast:
Stretched across the western shores of Lake Champlain within the shadow of New York’s Adirondack Mountains, the Adirondack Coast has unprecedented views, endless recreation and a central location.
- Sightseeing opportunities in Plattsburgh are plentiful and diverse. Tourist attractions include museums and art galleries, amusement parks, National and State Parks, historical places, sporting events and festivals.
Your Beach – Plattsburgh Municipal Beach:
Just minutes from downtown Plattsburgh on the shores of Lake Champlain, the Plattsburgh City Beach is the largest freshwater beaches in the United States and boasts beautiful views of Lake Champlain and the majestic Green Mountains of Vermont. The park features over a mile of sandy beach, a dedicated swimming area, picnic tables, outdoor grills, concession stand, restrooms, showers, and a nature trail.
During the summer we list the water temperature - For the current water temperature, click here: …Plattsburgh beach
- Projected to open late June 2012 (weather permitting)
- Projected to close early September2012 (weather permitting)
- Gates typically open at 11:00 a.m.
- Gates typically close at 7:00 p.m.
Plattsburgh City Beach, 1 Beach Road, Plattsburgh, NY 12901 – (518) 324-7709
Border & Duty Information:
Knowing what to expect when you re-enter Canada can be daunting.
- Check out the Canadian Travel Tips site for information. Canadian Border Service
- And if you want specific information about duty and declarations, here’s the information: “I declare…”
Ferry Crossing Schedule:
We have easy access to and from Vermont by way of several ferry crossings.
Click here for the ferry locations and schedules: www.ferries.com
Did you know that Plattsburgh has an international airport? Considered ‘Montreal’s U.S. Airport’, Plattsburgh International Airport has direct flights to various cities in Florida, plus continuing and connecting service to the Caribbean and elsewhere!
Find out more at: www.flyplattsburgh.com